Acid Wizard Studio
Based in Warsaw, Poland
March 1, 2013
Press / Business Contact:
Early Access launch date:
We are Acid Wizard Studio, three guys (and a dog) making trippy games.
Darkwood - a new perspective on survival horror.
Scavenge and explore a rich, ever-changing free-roam world by day, then hunker down in your hideout and pray for the morning light.
- Experience the only top-down survival horror game that will make you scream out in terror.
- Enjoy an engaging blend of RPG, roguelike and adventure elements crafted by hardcore gamers.
- Step into a world where the cycle of night and day truly impacts your (already faint) chances of survival.
- By day explore the randomly generated, ever-sinister woods, scavenge for materials, craft weapons and discover new secrets.
- By night find shelter, barricade, set up traps and hide or defend yourself from the horrors that lurk in the dark.
- Gain skills and perks by extracting a strange essence from mutated fauna and flora and injecting it into your bloodstream. Watch out for unexpected consequences…
- Make decisions that impact the world of Darkwood, its inhabitants and the story you experience.
- Meet eerie characters, learn their stories and decide their fate. And remember - don’t trust anyone.
- Laugh maniacally as madness consumes your mind.
The game was successfully crowdfunded on Indiegogo in 2013, where it gathered more than $57,000. After it’s premiere on Early Access in July 2014, the studio spent three years refining the game together with the community. In July 2017 a live-action trailer was released, revealing the official launch date: 17th August.
Release gameplay trailer YouTube
Live action release date trailer YouTube
Interactive alpha gameplay trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Darkwood has an astonishing atmosphere. Tension. It’s an unnerving experience. Anguish. Those shrieks. That dog. "
- Adam Smith, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "I gauge the scariness of horror games using my patented Curl Chance™ system, which measures how likely I am to curl into a ball of whimpering fear when I play them. I rate the new trailer for Darkwood, an upcoming top-down survival horror title from indie group Acid Wizard Studio, a “Mommy” out of 10 based on the inky shadows and surreal sense of unease."
- Omri Petitte, PC Gamer
- "Darkwood is a promising top-down horror roguelike that has cult classic written all over it"
- Jeffrey Matulef, Eurogamer
- "The fear of the unknown is powerful. Darkwood takes that idea to heart"
- Patricia Hernandez, Kotaku
Art, sound, music